Here at OPC, we recently got the chance to test out Waste Management’s innovative new trash replacement. It goes by the name “Bagster,” and you can find it at a number of hardware and home improvement shops in your area.
SO, WHAT IS IT?
When your project generates too much waste to warrant hiring one of the bigger metal dumpsters, but not enough waste to justify borrowing someone else’s vehicle for a dump run, the Bagster is a cheaper, more manageable alternative to renting a dumpster.
It’s a big green bag that can store as much as 3 cubic yards, or about 3300 pounds, of trash from a building or remodeling job. Even Fred fits, as you can see down below. And yet have plenty of space to spare.
HOW DOES IT FUNCTION, EXACTLY?
You may get the bag from a retailer such as a hardware shop. We don’t know who carries it. Where to Buy a Bagster? Is a helpful website provided by WM.?
- Pile it high with debris from your home improvement job and place it where the WM truck can pick it up quickly. Here’s ours, just halfway complete. We updated an old cliche and jammed everything, even the kitchen sink, into the space available.
- Pick-up dates may be scheduled online. It may be easily removed by a crane truck sent by Waste Management bagster pickup, which just lifts it up by the handles and drives away. Because they arrived so early in the morning, we were still in bed and unable to snap a photo.
THE QUESTION IS, “HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?”
Bagster pickup may be purchased for about $30 at most hardware stores. Then, when you call to arrange for a pick-up, you’ll pay Waste Management a collection charge. The cost in our region was $129 per night. Bagster provides a convenient way to see your specific local collection cost with the Bagster Local Collection Fee link.
Having just spent $100 on a 20-yard dumpster, I can attest that this is far cheaper than hiring a metal dumpster for your more manageable projects.
Metal dumpsters are the way to go if your project is going to generate a lot of trash on bagster pickup. The 8′ x 4′ x 2 1/2′ bag can contain whole sheets of drywall or plywood and most other materials you’ll find during home renovation, but it’s not ideal if you’re remodeling a large area of your property.
Waste Management’s Bagster is a portable dumpster bag that can be purchased at Home Depot for $29 to $49 with a bagster coupon code. The person takes it home and fills it with undesired rubbish, building waste, and whatever else. Waste Management sends a crane-equipped vehicle to take up a full waste bag.
Waste Management promises homes and business owners that the service is an economical way to dispose of anything (except Hazmat) with as little effort as possible.
Full-size truck bagster pickup beds are 8′ long, 5.33′ broad, and 1.5′ high. This size truck holds 2.5 yards when level. Bagster is a half-yard more. You’re purchasing a bag the size of a pickup truck for $50.
Waste Management’s website has ALOT of fine print (we are guessing on purpose). Most of our clients found out about these details when they called to arrange their pickup, after purchasing and packing the Bagster. To aid you, our prospective clients, we’ve included ALL of their small print points of interest so you’re completely aware before making the mistake so many others have made.
THE BAGSTER SAVES MONEY
Bagster’s one-time-use bag costs $30. Pickup fees average $180. $8 booking charge, plus extra costs (there are). So to rid of a full-size pickup truck’s worth of rubbish and debris costs around $220 utilizing bagster pickup – not to mention the time and effort to acquire, remove, transport, and load it yourself.
Bagster’s instructions recommend setting it up so it’s simple to load. We’re confident the best place to load it isn’t on your home or business’s curb.
The Catch: See that huge truck with the 16-foot crane? How is that convenient? They won’t take anything up until its curbside or in your driveway, which must be 12′ wide and 18-20′ high. You must sign a damage waiver so their 70,000-pound truck may drive on your driveway built for 5-10k-pound automobiles and vehicles.
BUY A BAGSTER OR RENT A DUMPSTER?
Your renovation job or domestic cleaning left you with little to moderate garbage, more than can fit in your weekly trash.
Should you purchase a trash bag from Waste Management or rent a small dumpster?
To address this question, we compare purchasing a 3 cubic yard Waste Management bagster pickup with renting a 10 cubic yard dumpster.
Small and lightweight, the 3 cubic yard Waste Management Bagster manufactured from durable woven nylon.
- This bag for one-time usage only and can only obtained via separate purchases.
- The Bagster may purchase at hardware shops and on the web.
- Schedule a Waste Management pick-up time once it has completely stuffed (WM).
HOW THE BAGSTER METHOD REALLY WORKS IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Find out whether a Bagster pick-up service offered in your neighborhood.
- The Bagster may buy at places like Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Amazon.
- Make sure your trash bag set up and ready to go before you start throwing away any trash.
- WM will pick up your Bagster when you arrange it.
DUMPSTER RENTAL PROCESS
Local dumpster firms rent dumpsters nationwide. Contact a local firm for rental rules and costs.
Call the dumpster business to arrange delivery and pick-up when you’re done.
HOW DUMPSTERS WORK:
- Get dumpster estimates from three or more nearby firms.
- When you want, schedule dumpster delivery.
- Fill the dumpster with waste.
- When you’re done, call for pickup.