Wet and rainy weather poses a significant challenge to SMD Screen displays. How to waterproof outdoor LED displays during rainy seasons is a challenge. The outdoors is a more complex environment than the indoors. We must consider the humidity issue and perform daily maintenance such as waterproofing. Water ingress can be reduced with a well-sealed installation. Regular cleaning of the dust attached inside and outside the display screen can also help the display screen dissipate heat and reduce water vapor adhesion. Furthermore, moisture can cause dead lights on an SMD Screen display. As a result, waterproof prevention work is required during the production and construction of outdoor full-color LED displays.
The correct treatment for the LED display screen body’s water intake:
As soon as possible, use a fan or other tools to dry the screen body that has absorbed water.
After the screen body has wholly dried, turn it on to age it. The following are the specific steps:
The brightness to 10% (full white) and leave it on for 8-12 hours.
The brightness to 30% (full white) and leave it on for 12 hours.
Set the brightness to 60% (full white) and leave it on for 12-24 hours.
Set the brightness to 10% (full white) and leave it on for 8-12 hours.
- Do not put the water-soaked LED screen body into the air box. The LED lights will be easily suffocated as a result of this.
- When water enters the warehouse, it is possible that the air box will also. All air boxes must be exposed to prevent water from evaporating into the LED display after packing.
In addition to taking action after the LED display was submerged in water, we must also take preventative measures. How can we improve the waterproofing of LED displays at each stage? Please follow the instructions below.
Waterproofing during the manufacturing process
The PCB board used in the production of LED displays should be anti-corrosion. For instance, the surface should be coated with three anti-paints, and so on. In addition, high-quality accessories such as the power supply and power cord should be used. The waterproof box must be tightly sealed, and the screen body must meet IP65 standards. The welding area is the most prone to corrosion. Please pay attention to its defense work. It should be noted that the frame is particularly prone to rust and anti-rust treatment.
Second, a professional waterproof coating is required exclusively for different unit board materials, and care must be taken to ensure that the unit board kit has a waterproof groove. Finally, the waterproof issue with the back panel of the outdoor LED display must be addressed. Because while using them, the back panel provides excellent convenience not only in terms of heat dissipation but also in terms of waterproof performance.
Pay special attention to the waterproof performance of the aluminum strip on the back of the small strip display when dealing with the waterproof coating on the back. Drill a row of drains beneath the aluminum-plastic panel to improve heat-dissipation performance over waterproofing.
Waterproofing work is required on the installation and construction sites
In the specific construction site; the combination of prevention and drainage in structural design; after the structure is determined, the sealing strip material, which has properties such as a hollow bubble tube structure, small compression set, and significant elongation at break, can be considered based on the structure’s characteristics; after selecting the seal strip material, it is necessary to design a suitable contact surface and contact force based on the structure’s characteristics; Apply for important protection in some areas, such as the installation, waterproof slots, and so on, to ensure that no water accumulates in the display SMD Screen.
Attention-getting phrases for daily use
- Outdoor screens should be used frequently because the display screen generates heat and can evaporate water vapor while in use, significantly reducing the possibility of short circuits caused by humidity. Learn more about extending the lifespan of led screens here.
- During the rainy season, the LED screen should be used at least once a week, turned on at least once a month, and lit for more than 2 hours.
- When LED display bodies are not dealt with immediately after absorbing water, their stability may suffer. Continuous dead lights may occur after the screen body is powered on during emergency treatment.
- The flight case contains all LED display screens that absorb water. The screen bodies are nearly impossible to repair after three days. Please proceed with caution.